Artist Showcase: Peggy Covic
“Artistic advantage” isn’t typically a phrase associated with unemployment, but that’s exactly how Peggy Covic sees her current unemployed status.
When her job as a software engineer dried up two years ago, she found that it gave her more time to work on her art—hence the artistic advantage.
It was while taking an elective college art class in 2005 that she realized she could really get into this art stuff. She loved the challenge of transforming a flat piece of paper into a “wow”-inducing three-dimensional image. She was hooked! Nothing could keep her from pursuing her new passion. Nothing, that is, except leaving school and getting smacked in the face by that thing called life.
Peggy and her pencils had a falling out (nothing personal, just business) and they decided to go their separate ways. For five years, they would see each other from time to time, but never had the time to spare. That was until Peggy stumbled upon Darrel Tank’s 5-Pencil Method online. This reignited her passion for art and led her to make things right with her estranged pencils.
She didn’t stop there! Peggy has since branched out into watercolor and pastel pencil painting as well. As her repertoire continues to grow, she finds herself getting more and more excited about art and creativity. She has no idea what medium she’ll try next, but she does know that she will always come back to her beloved graphite pencil.
You can feast your eyes on more of Peggy’s work right here at
You might also like...
- 8 Tips for Creating Happiness and the Life You Want
- How to Keep Your Creative Desire Alive and Healthy!
- 3 Tips to Get Out of That Rut
- For Your Art's Sake! Go Outside and Play...
- 16 Ways to Demonstrate Your Art Has Value
- Live Your Life With Purpose!
- Are You Suffering a Creative Drought?
- Introducing Yourself as an Artist
- 4 Reasons Small Steps Have Big Impact
- 7 Tips For Staying Focused On Your Goals
- Supply Your “Why” In Your Artist Story
- How to Write the Perfect Artist Statement
- Is There A Place for Chaos In Your Creative Workspace?
- Help! How do I Price My Paintings?
- Silence Is Golden and It Speaks Loud and Clear!
- Mountain or a Mole Hill? 3 Secrets for Accurately Expressing Size In Your Artwork
- Motivation’s Secret Ingredient...And How it Can Change How You Get Things Done, Forever!
- Where Your Attention Goes, You Go!
- Unlock the Power of Your Pencils: A Guide to Drawing With Graphite
- 6 WillPower Hacks: A Cheat Sheet for Growing Your WillPower with a Few Simple Exercises
- 4 Phrases Artists Should Never Use
- How to Frame Artwork So It Lasts! (and Lasts, and Lasts...)
- Are You Holding Yourself Back?
- 4 Tips for Reaching Your Artistic Goals (Even If You’ve Failed Before)
- Visual Principles: Limitation? Or An Open Door?
- The Color Debate
- 5 “Must See” Movies for Artists and Art Lovers!
- 6 Resolutions Every Artist Should Make—and Keep!
- How to Draw an Apple Without Ever Picking Up a Pencil!
- Want to be an Artist? Better Start "Digging"!
- Getting Personal: The Inside Scoop on Personal Sketchbooks
- Ditch the Rules! A New Perspective on Perspective
- Art and Dyslexia: The Picture-Perfect Combination?
- "If You Don't Try, You're a Loser"
- How to Make Art They'll Fight Over When You're Gone
- 9 Visual Blunders Every Artist Should Avoid like the Plague
- Take it Outside: A Plein Air Painting Demonstration by Jennifer Young
- Sketchbook Journal Your Way to Being a Better Artist!
- Once an Artist, Always an Artist
- Taming the Unmotivation Monster!
- Painting with pencils: The Color Pencil Start-up Guide
- Turn Your Vacation Into An Art Lesson You Won't Forget!
- “His pencils were put to rest for the next 55 years!”
- How To Be Creative At Any Age
- Turn Your Doodles Into Lasting Memories!
- The Gift That Gives Back
- Wait! My brain does what?
- Reunited with a childhood friend
- Capturing Artwork that Captures Your Audience
- 3 Secrets that will change your artwork forever!