Artist Showcase: Marc Sauvé
When Marc Sauvé was in the 9th grade, he painted his first oil on canvas and presented it at a school art show. The next day, his teacher handed him a business card and informed him that his painting had a buyer.
Marc was shocked and honored. Yet, even with money on the line, he was unwilling to give up that first piece. The piece was personal; how could he just hand it over to someone else?
This experience, along with the coaxing of his art teacher, friends, and family, led Marc to pursue art as a career. He studied graphic design in college and then went on to work at a professional level. For 20 years he created art on a computer, which he thoroughly enjoyed, but he found himself itching to pick up a pencil again.
It was about this time that Marc faced a major setback. His lifelong struggle with type 1 diabetes now threatened to take his eyesight. He was diagnosed with retinopathy and told that he could lose his very livelihood.
After nine surgeries, doctors were able to save Marc’s vision. This was the best news he could have ever received! Marc threw himself at his artwork like never before. He resolved that he would take his art to the next level and began searching for a method that could take him there. He discovered the 5-Pencil Method and found it to be just the structure he needed.
Marc still feels a personal connection to his artwork, but now, he has no problem handing it over to others. He gives away his art to friends and family—an act he admits feels like saying goodbye to a friend. He calls it “sharing his vision,” vision he feels very fortunate to have.
You can view more of Marc’s work at www.5pmc.com
You might also like...
- 8 Tips for Creating Happiness and the Life You Want
- How to Keep Your Creative Desire Alive and Healthy!
- 3 Tips to Get Out of That Rut
- For Your Art's Sake! Go Outside and Play...
- 16 Ways to Demonstrate Your Art Has Value
- Live Your Life With Purpose!
- Are You Suffering a Creative Drought?
- Introducing Yourself as an Artist
- 4 Reasons Small Steps Have Big Impact
- 7 Tips For Staying Focused On Your Goals
- Supply Your “Why” In Your Artist Story
- How to Write the Perfect Artist Statement
- Is There A Place for Chaos In Your Creative Workspace?
- Help! How do I Price My Paintings?
- Silence Is Golden and It Speaks Loud and Clear!
- Mountain or a Mole Hill? 3 Secrets for Accurately Expressing Size In Your Artwork
- Motivation’s Secret Ingredient...And How it Can Change How You Get Things Done, Forever!
- Where Your Attention Goes, You Go!
- Unlock the Power of Your Pencils: A Guide to Drawing With Graphite
- 6 WillPower Hacks: A Cheat Sheet for Growing Your WillPower with a Few Simple Exercises
- 4 Phrases Artists Should Never Use
- How to Frame Artwork So It Lasts! (and Lasts, and Lasts...)
- Are You Holding Yourself Back?
- 4 Tips for Reaching Your Artistic Goals (Even If You’ve Failed Before)
- Visual Principles: Limitation? Or An Open Door?
- The Color Debate
- 5 “Must See” Movies for Artists and Art Lovers!
- 6 Resolutions Every Artist Should Make—and Keep!
- How to Draw an Apple Without Ever Picking Up a Pencil!
- Want to be an Artist? Better Start "Digging"!
- Getting Personal: The Inside Scoop on Personal Sketchbooks
- Ditch the Rules! A New Perspective on Perspective
- Art and Dyslexia: The Picture-Perfect Combination?
- "If You Don't Try, You're a Loser"
- How to Make Art They'll Fight Over When You're Gone
- 9 Visual Blunders Every Artist Should Avoid like the Plague
- Take it Outside: A Plein Air Painting Demonstration by Jennifer Young
- Sketchbook Journal Your Way to Being a Better Artist!
- Once an Artist, Always an Artist
- Taming the Unmotivation Monster!
- Painting with pencils: The Color Pencil Start-up Guide
- Turn Your Vacation Into An Art Lesson You Won't Forget!
- “His pencils were put to rest for the next 55 years!”
- How To Be Creative At Any Age
- Turn Your Doodles Into Lasting Memories!
- The Gift That Gives Back
- Wait! My brain does what?
- Reunited with a childhood friend
- Capturing Artwork that Captures Your Audience
- 3 Secrets that will change your artwork forever!